[aprssig] Nuvi-350 Station Symbols

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Mon Aug 24 10:10:16 EDT 2009

Unfortunately a custom symbol set is not an option for the nuvi (350
anyway).  The  gTrans cable does the same translations that the OT2
does such that mobiles with cars as their icons should show up as
cars, trucks as trucks, helicopters will show up as blue flags, houses
as houses..  These I know of as I've seen them (my car id's itself as
a chopper), and I'm sure there are more, but ones with no equivalent
will get fall back to flags or dots..  There's a limited symbol set on
the nuvi so it attempts to keep things close, but can only do so much.