[aprssig] FW: 6m APRS Road trip

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Aug 23 14:56:54 EDT 2009

Locals in the DC/MD/NOVA area are still making progress
On using APRS on 6 meters 50.62 MHz.

http://aprs.fi/?call=KA2ZEV-5&mt=p&z=10&timerange=10800

The above plot seems to provide about 40 mile coverage for an
average east caost digi location NV4FM-6.  Mike has over 50 of
these 110 Watt radios and will be  making fully black-box
systems with nothing but power and GPS input and Antenna output.

Makes a great way for tracking in the east coast high density
APRS corridor

I'm wondiering about the long range plan?

Im thinking along these lines:

Mobile TRACKERS TX on 50.62 with "052.525MHz listening" in
packets
Mobile SPEAKER on 52.525
DIGIPEATERS on 50.62 TX/RX
Mobile does have a single A/B switch for switching to 52.525
simplex

-OR-

Everything on 50.62, but we use VOICE alert to reach these
mobiles.
At the digipeaters we install a UHF Remote Link Receiver that
can send
Out VOICE on 50.62 with PL 100 so we can call these mobiles.

The big-ole-trunk-box then is a two-way APRS system with APRS
tracking and a FULL-TIME monitoring channel (50.62 CTCSS 100)

Maybe
Bob, Wb4aPR