[aprssig] D710 questions

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 19:37:25 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Andrew Rich
(Home)<vk4tec at tech-software.net> wrote:
> 08. I am confused about the TNC moving to the head, and yet there is the
> connectors still on the radio.

The TNC and radio controls used to use the same interface on the D700.
 This is now split on the 710, so controlling the radio (freq change,
etc) is done on a serial port on the radio, and the TNC is a serial
port on the head.  Full access requires 2 serial connections.

The serial port (on the head, anyway) is a mini-DIN connector.

-Jason
kg4wsv

(whew, nearly hurt myself, but I managed to contain my standard rant
about the nonstandard serial connector).