[aprssig] spaces in object names Appology

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 21:40:34 EDT 2009

Steve D.,   TWO THINGS

1 --
   Oh boy!  Now, I've gone and done it.  Coulda' shoulda, kept quiet instead of trying to inject someting a little lighter.

I appoligize if my comment came across as an attack.  I did not mean at as an attack and appologize for a poor choise of words.

I thought/hoped the (respect) comment indicated that.

(I also *heard* your comments re-considering the interpretation)

I understand the interpretation it appears you, Bob and the WG had when writing the spec.  I understand how it can come about, but still amazes me given the combined experience level.  [[I musta' gone through this discussion in a previous life]]
I was thinking more along the lines of one of those interesting things that different folks 'know' when having lots of experience in seemingly the same area, yet getting it independently.
That's all.  Just noting in interesting difference.

Unfortunately, I continue.
When I make a Bo-Bo and am called on it, I might wince, but really wish to understand what I had blown.  [[I was born with a bone in my head that makes me want to understand things...completely -- it's a curse]]
 You appear to have done that if I read your words correctly.

With insufficient hesitation, I comment:
I pondered requesting that Pete take an aspirin and lie down, but opted not to.  (from Chevy Chase's Vacation., get it) <insert smiley emoticon>

As an Engineer for many years, I'm used to both poking holes in other Engineer's *ideas* and having mine beat up.  The atmosphere was always about getting to the best/optimum solution, not the person.  It can be said that intelligent people can have dumb ideas (not exactly what we have here).  In fact, one of the keys to creativity is some of the crazy/stupid/silly ideas that come out of desperation in solving a difficult problem...whatever that has to do with this.

I'm glad this ambiguity has surfaced and can now be addressed.

SEE THESE, GUYS.   >>--->  (:-)  (:-)

Nuf said...  Now,

2 --
Next, we should see proposed wording on how to address the imbedded vs trailing spaces issue.  Stick to the problem.

My .02c:  Multiple imbedded spaces suck (in this context).

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI
  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/

[[  How'd I do on the humble meter ? ]]  (where's THAT from?)

> From: Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com>

Nosko:
> > 2 -- It blows me away that some of you Gurus (whom I
> respect) with the level of expierence you have, consider a
> space to be non-printable.  One of life's many
> mysteries. (:-)

Dimse: