[aprssig] spaces in object names

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Aug 12 20:31:13 EDT 2009

Pete must be scared that my argument that allowing two objects with
visually indistinguishable labels will harm APRS's tactical utility
will be persuasive, so he resorts to personal attacks. Please Pete,
can we keep this on a higher level?

I do not like the idea of collapsing spaces, but for the utility of of
APRS you have to have each object be unique. It is much cleaner to not
allow spaces. If you are going to allow spaces and you let "RESCUE 1"
and "RESCUE  1" be two different objects, you will have problems.

Steve