[aprssig] Corrupted Data Pushed into APRS-IS

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 10 19:05:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009, Steve Dimse wrote:

> This may have nothing to do with the IGate that sends the data. The most
> common cause is digis and IGates with PASSALL ON.

Much less common are:

*) Too high of a speed between the TNC and the computer.
*) A long serial cable between TNC and the computer.
*) RF getting into that serial cable.
*) Not enough CPU so computer is missing some serial interrupts.

That last can be caused by running too many apps on the machine,
memory exhaustion, disk swapping, or just plain not enough
horsepower for the installed OS.  Can also be due to malware on the
system or a need to defrag the disk.