[aprssig] RADIO paths in APRS Servers

Andrew Rich (Home) vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Aug 6 22:56:14 EDT 2009

Have i missed something ?

I am running AGWTRacker and the mobile (RF) traffic has lost its RF digi paths

ie all traffic appears to have come via the aprs server, and I loose the "intel" of what digi's were involved

I would have expected to see what radio digis bounced the signal.

It is nice to know that WIDE was involved, but where is "WIDE" ??? and what callsign / digi is that ?

I used to be able to "AIM" a packet a specific path ie DIGI 1 , then DIGI 2 to get to a friend

Please dont tell me we have "dumbified" APRS to the point of just WIDE WIDE WIDE and now the servers dump the RF bit ?

Andrew Rich
Amateur Radio Callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net
web: www.tech-software.net