[aprssig] Argent Garmin/NMEA translator docs?

Jordan Hayes KG6UAE kg6uae at arrl.net
Thu Aug 6 13:15:24 EDT 2009

> I am very impressed with the Nuvi-350 when combined with the
> Argent Garmin/Nmea translator cable to the Kenwood D710.

FWIW, I'm another satisfied customer.  In my case, I bought the 350
specifically because of Scott's cable, and when it arrived, I plugged it
in and it Just Worked: I unplugged my GPS18 and the GPS indicator on the
radio stopped blinking; I plugged in the new cable and a few seconds
later the GPS indicator started blinking again  :-)

My radio had the waypoint length set to 6 (the default?) but until I
changed it to 9, I was getting cutoff callsigns ([F], Tuning / APRS /
603 / NAME).  I had been toying with getting the AvMap thing, but at
$600 it always wound up on the bottom of my TOBUY list ...

/jordan KG6UAE