[aprssig] iphone gps woes

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Tue Aug 4 04:07:34 EDT 2009

Wes,

If you can get through to the right person (try asking for Network
Optimisation for a start) I'm sure they will help.

Years ago I was in charge of Network Optimisation for a UK GSM operator
covering Northern England and Scotland and we always found detailed
customer reports invaluable. The survey team drove through a trouble
spot in seconds, the customer was there all the time.

The problem the customer had then (and probably now) was trying to get
through the switchboard to us!

The problem with the wrong sector is not unusual. You might find that
all sectors on that site are reversed or out by 120 degrees. Could be an
error entering the data into the system or the Tx and Rx feeders are
swapped over to the wrong sector. Happens more often than you might think!

73,

Chris, G4HYG

Chris Moulding
Cross Country Wireless (2009) Ltd
7 Thirlmere Grove, Bolton, Lancs, BL4 0QB, UK
Tel/fax: +44(0)1204 410626
Mobile:  +44(0)7752 391908
Website: http://www.crosscountrywireless.net
Company number 6780346 registered in England and Wales