[aprssig] Nuvi 350 still on sale thru the end of Aug 09 WEB Only

Don Downs d.downs at computer.org
Mon Aug 3 21:36:23 EDT 2009

I will join the chorus of those recommending the Nuvi 350 and GTRANS cable.

I would occasionally hook up my PC and run UI-View in my truck, but it was
rather cumbersome to hook up and unhook, and the PC took up  a lot of space,
so it was limited to special events.

With this solution, however, I have a visual representation of the current
APRS situation whenever I need it.

One note: the Kenwoods do not have a messaging interface over the GPS port,
so you will still have to use the Kenwood messaging interface, even with the
GTRANS cable (i.e., you do not get a touchscreen keyboard for messaging).

Even with this "limitation" I think this is a great setup, and I'm glad I
bought it. Delivery was unbelievably fast, and it worked right out of the
box on my first try. Thank you Scott for coming up with this solution!

73,
Don WA4AVU