[aprssig] Cheap HTs

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Aug 3 17:04:59 EDT 2009

Bob K8YS wrote...

> Trouble is, they are not FCC Certified and if someone in the US
> ordered one, it might not get delivered.

They are available from Argent Data which in the US...
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74
For those of you in the US, the description on the above page indicates
"these radios are FCC Part 90 certified". I understand that is for
"private land mobile service" in the US. Can amateurs not use
commercial equipment on amateur frequencies in the US?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH