[aprssig] Radio Junkie

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Mon Aug 3 11:45:31 EDT 2009

I took one look at that dashboard and the first urge I had was to grab
a PIC/Arduino/ BasicStamp and program it to parse his call and range
from me and sound a loud alarm when he was in proximity!

I am sorry, but in plain Obama-speak, that setup is just plain
"stupid"  ... not only dangerous to the driver but provides so much
distraction to the driver as to make him a potential menace on the
highway. To make it worse many of the commenters to the webpage
thought it was "neat" ... so we  could have "stupidity" begetting
"more stupidity."

I can't imagine it passing inspection in any state, but apparently it
has.

If he gets into an accident, we, hams, will all suffer from the
backlash!

Just my $0.02 ...

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog