[aprssig] EchoLink APRS-IS Ojbects Mothballed

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Mon Aug 3 11:17:56 EDT 2009

The address to send the message to should be all letters and should
only contain the first letter on a keypad to simplify entry from a
microphone while mobile.

Should be an address that contains the following letters, with no
double entries:
A, D, G, J, M, P, T, W    Example would be PAD, Not PAA.

 From looking at the available letters I would suggest the server address be:
DATA

It does need to look for ACK's, to both limit the retries, and to try
and make sure the message gets through.

This makes me now think of a good I-Gate message checking code.......
How many retries have to be sent on average to each I-Gate to look
for improperly configured I-Gates.

Mark
KC5EVE