[aprssig] APRS geocaching ?

Randy Love rlove31 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:44:28 EDT 2009

If one wanted, and they could maintain a local info kiosk of
Geocaches. Again, the problems there are maintenance ( caches come and
go and are 'muggled' on a regular basis ) and accuracy issues. I guess
that you could make a script to autoupdate the files for the info
kiosk. Another issue would be multi-part caches that require a
combination of finding the first location and hints/clues from the
cache's page. Most times, that is much more than you'd want to put
across an APRS channel. But, multi-part caches are in the minority.

Just a little out loud thinking here.

Randy
WF5X