[aprssig] How to send packet through a KISS modem

Dave Haynes dave at ep90.com
Mon Aug 3 04:51:15 EDT 2009

Are you sending the type indicator byte before your packet? After your
opening $C0, the first byte indicates the content of the message to the
TNC. For a data packet, the indicator byte will usually be $00.

All detailed in "The KISS TNC: A simple Host-to-TNC communications
protocol" by Mike Chepponis K3MC and Phil Karn, KA9Q

Dave
G1TVL

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4299 (20090802) __________

http://www.eset.com