[aprssig] Nuvi 350 still on sale thru the end of Aug 09 WEB Only

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 10:17:21 EDT 2009

<snip>
for GPS input. Charlie bought one, works on his D710. They also place the
location of the HEARD APRS station on the screen, just like the G5 ($600),
and update the current ICON, moving it as required.
</snip>

Does the HEARD Station display function also work on the D-700A?

I already have the body of the D700 hidden in the back with a Trimble gps module with home brewed rs-232 conversion also in the back of the car

It would be well worth pulling another cable up to the front of the car if I could get heard stations on a gps screen at a price like this.

I also have an RS-232 cable running up front for my laptop to run UIView32 but that is not nearly as portable as a small gps unit such as thisfor everyday use.  The AVMap is not something I care to spend that much on (cheap ham syndrome.)

Tnx and 73'

Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL
Webmaster:
KARS - Kankakee Area Radio Society - W9AZ http://www.w9az.com/