[aprssig] APRS Symbol Question

Jeff Dugas radarbuzz at delphiforums.com
Sat Aug 1 19:27:10 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I have a little puzzle I'm trying to solve regarding defining my APRS symbol
in my D700.

If I put in '/(' I believe I'm selecting the symbol for "Mobile Sat
Station", as defined in the primary table.  This is what is desired.  I can
verify this by looking on the web in certain places, such as findU.com, it
shows the little car with satellite symbol.

But at other places, like aprs.fi, I see the "Cloudy" symbol.  The Cloudy
symbol appears to be in the same position, yet on the alternate symbol
table, and should correspond to '\('.

Am I doing something wrong?

Jeff
N5TEV