[aprssig] AL, GA, TN, VA APRS network Reliability

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Apr 19 13:01:32 EDT 2009

> KC4LU-3 has gone up about 1/2 way between
> Bristol and Knoxville; it provides pretty good
> coverage in the hole that we had in that area.

Great!  By the way, I hope you can talk it up in that area,
because we need an APRS Golden Packet Team on Sand Mountain,
Roan Mountain and Clingman's Dome for the Appalachian Trail
Golden Packet event this 26 July.

Any chance you or someone in the area can organize an assault on
these mountains?  They are drive-up access with paved parking
lots right at the top.  A great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon
in July.

See www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html and then follow the links
to the individual sites.

Bob, WB4APR