[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Apr 7 16:38:42 EDT 2009

Tim N8DEU wrote...

> While you may be able to set TXDelay less than 100ms, it does not mean
> everybody can decode it. For users who still use a squelch circuit
> ahead of their audio tap, you must allow enough time for the squelch
> to open the audio path before data can pass for decoding.
>
> The real question may be how slow is the slowest squelch circuit on
> your network.

I hear what you are saying, but hopefully most digis are running open
squelch with software carrier detect. Even in a non-digi situation, I
run open squelch. I just tried a 5 ms on a T2-301 (really an OT2m built
into a 5W transceiver) and a KPC-3+ running as a digi and connected to
an FT-1500 (naturally, open squelch)  decoded and digipeated it. Just
for a quick test, I set the squelch to "15" on the FT-1500 and it still
responded to the T2-301 with the 5 ms TXDelay. As I mentioned, I usually
use 100 ms, but I'm going to try the T2-301 set to 20 ms for a while.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH