[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at charter.net
Tue Apr 7 16:03:12 EDT 2009

Just for clarification. TXDelay is a parameter that has an impact on both
ends of the link. It is not simply something that is set to see how fast
your radio can lock on frequency and come up to power. There are
ramifications on the receive end as well.

While you may be able to set TXDelay less than 100ms, it does not mean
everybody can decode it. For users who still use a squelch circuit ahead of
their audio tap, you must allow enough time for the squelch to open the
audio path before data can pass for decoding.

The real question may be how slow is the slowest squelch circuit on your
network.

73's,

Tim - N8DEU
Decatur, Alabama