[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Apr 7 14:56:27 EDT 2009

Curt WE7U wrote...

> I'm using the "Serial KISS TNC" interface and have "40" entered for
> TXDelay (400 ms), but for my KISS TNC it doesn't matter as it's set
> with a pot on the TNC (TNC-X).
>
> I usually set it between 25 and 40, depending on the radio.  With
> different TNC's than this one of course.

I realize you are using the TNC-X where the TXDelay is set with a pot,
but for anyone using another TNC where it is set in software, 250 to 400
ms is usually much longer than needed. I have reliably used less than
100 ms, regularly use 100 ms and suggest about 125-150 ms for someone
that doesn't want to take the time to see if shorter TXDelay can be
used. Yes, if it's too short, no-one will be able to decode your tones,
but set too long, and it uses up valuable bandwidth.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH