[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 7 02:22:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Greg D. wrote:

> So, progress!  But, not all is well.  When I turned the DJ-580
> back to full power, I get no packets on the D7.  My guess is that
> the Tx delay is still too low for the HT, but even when I set the
> delay (see * below) to 1000, it still doesn't like it.

Are you running the TNC in KISS mode or command-line mode?  Sorry,
I've read too much mail today and have been distracted too many
times to keep track...  I'm using the "Serial KISS TNC" interface
and have "40" entered for TXDelay (400 ms), but for my KISS TNC it
doesn't matter as it's set with a pot on the TNC (TNC-X).

I usually set it between 25 and 40, depending on the radio.  With
different TNC's than this one of course.

> (*) After a lot of frustration, I figured out that Xastir only
> reads the config file when it starts up, and it writes it back out
> when it exits!  So, if you want to edit the config file, you need
> to shut xastir down, edit it, then start it back up again.

Or perhaps hit File->Configure->Save Config Now!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer