[aprssig] Data in APRS-IS

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:36:48 EDT 2009

I don't know if that was a question or a comment Jason but I was under the
impression that it was common to have it SOMEWHERE in the packet itself but
not a LAW. I have always been under the impression that even though some do
this (and I think it's smart) the only LAW was that the sation identify
during the 10 minutes that the packet was sent and the ID does not need to
even go via any digi path. Heck the old CW command in the TNC 2 can be used
and have the TNC ID in morse, that would keep it legal at least in the FCC
eyes. I have no idea about other countries.