[aprssig] Building a new digi

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Apr 2 08:59:19 EDT 2009

Scott N1VG wrote...

> Have you tried it with the latest build? It's a fairly recent addition
> and I made a couple of fixes along the way.

I haven't tried SETPOWER since that first time. It was probably on one
of the first T2-301s that you ever sold. I've got the latest build as of
a few days ago. I'll do some more decode comparisons soon.

As you mentioned once previously, it's a "write only" function right
now. What is the default SETPOWER setting? In any T2-301s that you
have adjusted, what SETPOWER setting corresponds to 5W out?

> The weird thing about the power setting is that it can only be changed
> while the radio is transmitting. The T2 will key the radio for a
> fraction of a second when you use SETPOWER. Might have been
> a bug in an early version that caused it to lock up at that point.

It was definitely an early version. I just played with SETPOWER
with build 54740 and didn't have any problems with it set to
between zero and 99. I'll ask you a question about the "nominal"
setting over on the T2 list.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH