[aprssig] HT/mic DTMF standards

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 30 16:40:25 EDT 2008

>> Anyone that wants to add to the table?
>
> > THD7   has 16 with 1=QZ
> > D700   has 16 with 1=QZ
> > FT470  has ?? with 7=PQRS
> > FT-51R has 16 wiht 1=QZ
> > TH-79a has 16 No Alpha at all.
> > VX-7R  has 16 with 7=pqrs
>
> Now then we need opinions also on the selection code?
> Is it multi-key presses to cycle through the single key
options,
> IE L is encoded as "555" or is it encoded as "53" or "35" as
in
> Echolink?

I just looked up Echolink, and I doubt he is going to change and
he has 10 times more users than APRS, so looks like we should go
with his system (which also has 1=QZ, but uses the 2-digit fixed
conversion method.)  Also, he ends his callsign with a # not the
"D" "OK" key we use.  But almost all telephone jockies end
things with #...  I can live with that too, I guess.

ECHOLINK QUOTE:

To enter a callsign... press two digits for each letter and
number in the callsign.  The first digit is the key on which the
letter appears (using 1 for Q and Z), and the second digit is 1,
2, or 3, to indicate which letter is being entered.  To enter a
digit, press the digit followed by 0.  When finished, end with
the pound key (#).

For example, "K" is "52", "Q" is "11", and the digit "7" is
"70".

Callsigns need not be entered in full.  If a partial callsign is
entered, EchoLink will find the first match among the stations
currently logged on.  If no match is found among the stations
currently logged on, EchoLink will say "NOT FOUND".

UNQUOTE:

I would hope he means RIGHT justified such as "APR" would be
easier to be unique for WB4APR than "WB4"...

Bob, WB4APR