[aprssig] No More Mobile APRS In California

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Mon Sep 29 09:27:51 EDT 2008

> they are for HTs.  Pryme used to have a microphone that you attached to your
> sun visor but I don't see that in the HRO catalog any more.  This sounds
>
> 73, Ron ny3j

I lived in Tokyo in the late 70's. It was very common to see the
mic-on-visor, and a switch mounted to the gearshift. The driver could
operate "hands free" as it were. This was for both commercial and
amateur radios. I ran such a set up in my sports car for a time; except
using a throat mic. I could talk, shift gears, etc. No problem. Haven't
seen that type of kit offered here (U.S.) in years, though.

--
      ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
     ( (     Echolink 221408      Grid Square EL17HQ
   `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com