[aprssig] No More Mobile APRS In California

Andy Cunningham andycwb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 05:32:54 EDT 2008

Dave
> Any links to the actual wording of the legislation Andy? I'm aware of
> the exemption for two way radio, but I've never seen the actual wording
> and wasn't aware of the frequency limitations.
> The DfT guideline documents I found on their website are the usual
> nonsense, presuming that a mobile telephone is not a two way radio, and
> are useful only to indicate where useful cuts in civil service staffing
> could be made. :-)

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2003/20032695.htm

Briefly, it status that you can't use a "hand held mobile telephone or a
hand held device of a kind specified... [as] a device other than a two
way radio which .. transmits and receives data", and gone on to specify
a two way radio as a device operating on a ferequency other than the
mobile phone bands.

Andy