[aprssig] APRS Open Spec

Arnie Shore 3ashore at Comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 13:06:36 EDT 2008

 From a lurker here:

IMO, the Internet RFC process is a well-proven one for accomplishing
what you folks have been discussing here.  (See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request_for_Comments)

Rather than a free-for-almost-all edit process, it calls for an editor
to be named, who will be the central collector of proposed changes, and
who go through a defined process for approval before making the
revisions for voting upon.

While it's true that the process's development preceded the wide
availability of collaboration tools like wiki's, the principles of a
rigorous change process can help ensure that all proposals are given due
consideration and thus will lend authority to the resulting product.

Recommended for consideration,

AS