[aprssig] Proper DIGI Path

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:32:23 EDT 2008

> To see if I could implement it, I did a search
> for "APRS human-activity-bit" ... and didn't have
> any success.  I also searched the APRS spec... 1.0
> ... published by TAPR in 2000...
> It would be really nice of the "APRS spec" and
> the various additions could all be put together
> into one document.

Updates are in the APRS1.1 and 1.2 addendums:
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11.html
http://www.aprs.org/aprs12.html

> In other words, do APRS users get a say in how
> the APRS spec evolves?

Yes, everything that goes into the addendums is proposed,
discussed, argued, debated ad nauseum and finalized here on the
APRSSIG.  Then it is documented in the addendums.  The 1.1
addendum was solidified in 2004.  The 1.2 contains additional
items since then.

Bob, WB4APR