[aprssig] Proper DIGI Path

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Sep 25 16:27:07 EDT 2008

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> If the software implemented the human-activity-bit...

To see if I could implement it, I did a search for "APRS
human-activity-bit" and "APRS human present" and didn't have any
success. I also searched the APRS spec (APRS Protocol Reference ver
1.0 edited by Ian Wadeor and published by TAPR in 2000... the one that
still says "Automatic Position Reporting System" instead of  "Automatic
Packet Reporting System") and it didn't appear in there either. It would
be really nice of the "APRS spec" and the various additions could all
be put together into one document. Even more importantly, who will
write it? Is there an "APRS Working Group" as mentioned in the
"APRS spec" or is that basically you now? In other words, do APRS
users get a say in how the APRS spec evolves?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH