[aprssig] RC-D710 APRS display head on an old IC-2AT HT

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 24 19:42:46 EDT 2008

Hummh...

It doesn't work.  The RC-D710 display head draws about 50 mA for
about 1 sec and shuts down (running on a 1 amp bench supply).
But it works fine when powered from the 10v in the PG-5J
interface.  I have it apart and there is NOTHING in there, but a
10v 3 terminal regulator chip with only 47 uF on the output.

Im stumped.  It must not like the power somehow.  It begins to
pwer up and then decides not to complete the evolution...

Bob

Bruninga
> Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:47 PM
> To: 'Stephen H. Smith'; 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] RC-D710 APRS display head on an old
IC-2AT HT

> > 1)   What is this diagram trying to say?
>
> Sorry, I had the PG-5J mini-din on there just so I could see
> what I was doing in tracing out the same signals as they
appear