[aprssig] It was a fun Ride while it lasted

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 24 08:07:19 EDT 2008

John,

Sorry to see the end of the ride, but on the other hand, I think
releasing the source code was a very magnanamous thing to do...
APRSscs was written to be true to the original intent and
details of the original APRS.

Maybe someone will pick it up...

See you at DCC.
Bob

supported by
> me. So in honor of the TAPR DCC being held this weekend
> you can go to
> http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
> and download the APRS-SCS source code.
> APRS-SCS was written in VB6. MIcrosoft is no longer supporting
VB6.
> If someone wanted to continue APRS-SCS they would have to
> port it over
> to some other programming language such as VB.net.
> You may freely use the code in APRS-SCS in your own programs
> all I ask
> is that on your "ABOUT" page you give APRS-SCS and KB2SCS
credit.

> Shameless plug.
> This Friday 9/26 I will be doing a presentation at the DCC on
my new
> software EcomScs and GateWaySCS. Both programs work with
connected
> AX25 packet radio,
>
> EcomScs is a packet radio internet E-Mail client. GateWayScs
is a
> Internet to Packet Radio and back gateway. GateWayScs allowes
EcomScs