[aprssig] APRS CQ

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Tue Sep 23 23:07:36 EDT 2008

A full description of how CQSRVR works from a user viewpoint is found at http://www.aprs-is.net/CQSrvr.aspx

If you send a message to a CQSRVR group, everyone in that group will receive that message from you.  If you send it directly to a station, then only that station will receive the message.  There is a timer that prevents using CQSRVR as a broadcast mechanism, only a way to establish preliminary contacts.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net