[aprssig] APRStt (APRS touchtone DTMF)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:42:03 EDT 2008

> > APRStt coming soon!
>
>>  but this will be a new version that
>> runs under windows using only the sound
>> card for both DTMF decoding and Voice-Back synthesis.
>
> Ehhh...is this going to be available on platforms
> that are suitable for unattended operation? (sigh)

I sure hope so.  For 8 years I have been trying to get all
Repeater controllers with DTMF and Voice, and Echolink, and IRLP
and anything that listens for DTMF to add this simple
translation to APRS.  And from APRS to voice..  But so far I
have not had much success.

Once people see the power of being able to check-in to APRS from
any DTMF radio and get data (by voice) response, then maybe some
more people will start implementing it.

See www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

Bob, WB4APR