[aprssig] Potential For Some Really Tiny APRS Gadgets --- Space Daily Story on Supersmall GPS Receiver

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Thu Sep 18 13:48:25 EDT 2008

I'm using some MUCH older modules from them (ie they're not even mentioned on their
legacy products page) for some of my APRS devices..  The ones I'm using are their PS2-ST
receiver boards, and while they're old they seem to work pretty well for what I'm doing
with them, and the price was right since they were free pulls from computers at work...
 That said, I've gotta say they're pretty easy to work with, and all I've played with
are perfectly to what they spec, so I'd imagine that if they say they've got a 1 second
fix from a hot start (ie they already have an almanac, time and a general idea of more
or less where they should be), I'd believe them...

That they're 50 channel receivers and good down to -160 dBm and they advertise reception
inside buildings just makes things better.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:00:34 -0700, Keith VE7GDH wrote