[aprssig] Sharp Zaurus ZR-5000 for APRS messaging

J. Gary Bender, WS5N ws5n at wildblue.net
Wed Sep 17 18:00:23 EDT 2008

I have a Zaurus ZR-5000 sitting in a box somewhere.  (Not sure which box, though.)  I know I bought the cables originally, but I don't know if I can find them now.  Been a while!  I have toyed with the idea of using it for the smarts of an APRS Weather station.  Have not gotten serious about trying it though.

IIRR, Sharp did not make it easy to program.  The developer's kit was outrageously expensive.  If I find anything promising, I'll post something here.  I am a retired programmer (assembly language to C), so I have a decent shot at making it work, if the tools are available.
  J. Gary Bender, WS5N
  Fence Lake, New Mexico USA