[aprssig] Voice Repeater Frequency Objects

Arno Verhoeven (PE1ICQ) pe1icq at sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl
Tue Sep 16 03:25:54 EDT 2008

Joseph M. Durnal wrote the following on 2008-09-15 21:09:
> I suppose Kenwood's software could be rewritten to find the Tnnn
> anywhere within the packet,

Exactly. There are thousands of trackers out there that were there
already before Kenwood came into the scene.
At that time the trackers were functioning according to spec. Then the
spec was updated with new formats to fit the limitations (yeah I know,
also the features...) of the Kenwoods.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect a firmware update of the
Kenwoods that can find the Tnnn anywhere in the comment.

73, PE1ICQ
Arno Verhoeven