[aprssig] APRS demo

Magnus magnus at yonderway.com
Sun Sep 14 10:51:55 EDT 2008

Joel Maslak wrote:
> I can't speak for others, but I don't use it because I generally have
> easier ways to send email

This might mean more to people in cities like New Orleans, Galveston,
etc. where they know what it is like to need to urgently communicate
with people in the days following a hurricane but the cellular networks
are down.

> I know of very few IGates that are on anything more than a
> desktop UPS power supply.

Sounds like a good project for your local club to adopt.  Maybe
collocate an IGate with your club repeater, hooked up to the genset and
batteries?

73 DE KI4OTK