[aprssig] (Slightly OT) What is solar panel power output?

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Tue Sep 9 16:26:19 EDT 2008

Neither of those numbers tell us anything. You need to know the
output in WATTS (or amps @ a given voltage).

Put a variable load (carbon pile) across the leads and measure the
amp output @ 13volts while in direct sunlight. While you are doing
that you can also measure the output at different angles (less than
ideal) from direct sunlight. Most start to drop significantly @ about
15degrees in any direction.

Mark
KC5EVE