[aprssig] Traffic Objects (new subject)

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Thu Sep 4 01:41:02 EDT 2008

The real question is whether it's interesting to get traffic data
by APRS any more - I can get better data on my phone, for free,
from Google Maps. They're paying for better data from multiple
sources - data that isn't available to me. And their data will
keep getting better, with wider coverage.

Why should I bother? 18 months ago, this wasn't the case - the
public data was just about all that was there (and my company
was one of three that was developing better models, for sale).