[aprssig] Messaging on the NUVI GPS

Jesse (KC5LOS) kc5los at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 11:00:04 EDT 2008

The size is what makes the Nuvi! I looked at the AvMap and its just too
darn big. I looked at the Nokia and its almost the same size as the
AvMap. Plus really no way to mount it. I have a Ramline 560 in the truck
but no place to put it either. But its mounted in the back since I use
it for work. I use it to load my GPS systems in the field so I had to
have it with me. Just not able to to put a laptop in the front with all
the center console and  HF radio in the way. I even tried a laptop mount
and I couldn't accommodate a passenger in the front. I happen to come
across the Nuvi which fit my bill as it mounts on the windsheild plus it
is functional in my work. I just happen to come across the T2 by Scott
and things just got better. But, i haven't been brave enough to buy one
yet as I am not sure how it'll work with the D710 in APRS mode. Still
browsing the manual. If it will connect and use the setup like UI-View
then all problems solved. I like to keep the APRS functionality of the D710.