[aprssig] [APRSSIG] Universal Messaging

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 01:43:35 EDT 2008

So, if we are seeing ourselves on Findu, and sending a message from the web interface doesn't make it, then we must have an iGate that isn't configured to gate Internet to RF?  I've been trying to send to my D7 (KO6TH-1) from the web, and no luck.  Also tried sending to my own fill-in iGate (KO6TH), and no luck there either.  (I turned on the RF beaconing for a few minutes for the test, which was a few days ago.)

Oh, well....

So, I think the only other reverse messaging system (i.e. Internet to RF) is Winlink.  Is it susceptible (if that's the right word) to the same iGate configuration requirement?  I was about to give it a try a month ago, and got distracted...  Should I bother?

Greg  KO6TH