[aprssig] Regulatory compliance stuff

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Oct 16 17:15:33 EDT 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention that they're not data-only.  Switch a jumper to
the voice setting and you get pre-emphasis, mic input, audio amp, and
squelch.  The VHF units are selectable between 5 kHz and 6.25 kHz
channel steps (12.5 kHz only for UHF) and they're wide/narrow selectable.

I'm planning for pricing to be roughly the same as the MFJ-8621
crystal-controlled data-only radios, at around $159.

John Ackermann's web page talks about the need for an inexpensive 9600
baud data radio - I'm not sure if this meets his definition of cheap,
but I think it's a good start.  An inexpensive 9600 baud tracker/TNC is
next on the list, but for the moment the T2 plug-in board will be 1200
baud only.

Scott
N1VG