[aprssig] Prayers for Keith Sproul

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 14 16:33:26 EDT 2008

Our hopes and prayers are with Keith Sproul, one of the early
adopters of APRS who was critically injured Friday Morning when
his hot air balloon crashed into power lines in Albuquerque, New
Mexico.

The only information I can find about Keith's condition is in
this report from the 12th:
www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Oct12/0,4670,BalloonCrash,00.html

It says he was in critical condition and his co-pilot was
killed.

So we hope and pray that he will pull through this.

Keith WU2Z became excited about APRS when it was first
introduced at the ARRL/TAPR DCC conference in 1992.  Although
APRS concepts had evolved from a VIC-20 in the early 80's,
through the commodore C-64 to the PC-AT, in the 90's what was
needed was better maps.  Keith and his brother Mark, KB2ICI
jumped on this project and created MacAPRS and then WinAPRS in
the mid 90's.

Most of you see Keith's call all over the world, since it is his
WU2Z Email engine at Rutgers University that forwards all
APRS-Email into the internet system.

Let's hope and pray that he is going to be OK.

Bob, WB4APR