[aprssig] APRStt Voice Channel outside the box

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 11 08:12:47 EDT 2008

Rod Padmore wrote:
> I understand that when all applicable costs including various mundane
> expenses such as gas, motels, meals are tallied, it would cost a minimum of
> +/-$300 per repeater to add APRStt hardware,

That's going to be highly dependent on location.  Here in Ohio, all of
my local repeaters are within a 1/2 hour drive of my house.  So no
motel, gas costs minimal compared to normal running around, eating meals
out optional.

Once the hardware is in hand, the primary installation issue in an area
like this is coordinating with repeater owner/sysop, getting access to
the site and the work of integrating with the controller.  Possibly
non-trivial in and of themselves, but not financial.

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS