[aprssig] [LA_APRS] New APRS Digi

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Oct 9 19:13:47 EDT 2008

> Bob Bruninga has a post with the recommended
> setup for the new Wide N-N path.
> www.aprs.org/kpc3/kpc3+WIDEn.txt
> Detailed explanation of the N-N Path can be found at:
> http://aprs.org/fix14439.html

If LA_APRS means Los Angeles instead of Louisanna, then I think
you want to be a 1-hop WIDE1-1 only.  I think I have a separate
file for that:

www.aprs.org/fixingLA.html

Basically, you turn off WIDEn-N completely (UITRACE NONE) and
set UIDIGI to only that paths you will digipeat:

UIDIGI ON, WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2, WIDE3-3

That will result in digipeating all of those initial paths just
once in the LA basin.  But if you want to help actively
discourage the use of WIDE3-3 in southern California, then you
should not even list that.  Then the only setting would be
UIDIGI ON, WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2.

install it
> here at the Calhoun tower. 25 watts into 7/8" hardline to a
DB-304DL