[aprssig] APRS presentations

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Oct 7 23:50:12 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm giving an APRS presentation at SARCity in Barstow this weekend - if
anyone's got any good slideshows put together that they'd like to share,
let me know.  I've got an outline and a fair amount of material already,
but it's always nice to have someone else's stuff to look over and pick
apart.

This comes up often enough on here that maybe we need some open
repository to dump such materials in, maybe with a Creative Commons
license.  Anyone got a good idea on where to do that?

There's an emphasis on K9 tracking for this session, so anything related
to that would be great.  Byonics and BigRedBee have been kind enough to
loan demo units of their respective all-in-one trackers, and I'll be
demonstrating my own new transceiver/tracker unit as well as a
TH-D7A/GPSmap 60CS setup for following the dogs.  If there's any other
K9 related hardware out there that I should be covering, let me know!

(And speaking of K9 stuff, if anyone's got a Garmin Astro they want to
loan me for a week or two for analysis, I'd be happy to see what I can
do about analyzing the on-air protocol and coming up with an APRS
gateway...)

Thanks,

Scott
N1VG