[aprssig] APRS FILL-IN Igate

Tony Komljanec tkomljan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 14:51:51 EST 2008

My suggestion is that you can set up an iGate without any digi features.... a semi-passive approach.  In this way you can provide a path to the internet and not contribute to the RF polution.   You would be sending a lot of duplicate messages to the APRS-IS (also heard by other iGates), but apparently it can deal with it.

From previous discussions on this sig, leaving the iGate bi-directional still leaves your station capable of sending messages to mobiles, but this is not common enough to add to the QRM.

Tony K
VE3TK