[aprssig] APRS on UHF?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Wed Nov 26 21:54:28 EST 2008

I once used 9600 as mic encoder (only available with the kenwood radios at
the time) to squirt a packet at the end of voice transmission over a local
repeater input.  At the repeater site I had two TNCs back to back... a 9600
paccomm and a kpc3 both in KISS mode.  The 9600baud mic-e packet was decoded
and delivered to the kpc3 which sent it out over the 144.39 at 1200 baud.
 The point to all of this was that you didn't have to mute the audio on the
repeater, it just sounded like the normal static crash at the end of your
transmission.
Wes
---
A democracy will continue to exist up
until the time that voters discover
that they can vote themselves generous
gifts from the public treasury. From
that moment on, the majority always
votes for the candidates who promise
the most benefits from the public treasury