[aprssig] APRS on UHF?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Wed Nov 26 18:36:47 EST 2008

> Stupid question, can 9600 and 1200 systems co-exist on the same
> frequency or if we go with a standard, would we need to pick two
> frequencies?

Yes. It works fine the same as voice and APRS work on the same
frequency. The modes can't decode each other, but they honor the
carrier so at least they don't transmit over each other.

The alternative VHF APRS network (144.35) in western Washington
supports both 1200 baud and 9600 baud. The plan is to phase out 1200
baud support once all users convert to 9600 baud.

Tom KD7LXL